Sunday, September 20, 2009

I think I am about half way done the radiation treatments and I'm looking forward to not having to go to Kitchener every day. So far I have been feeling alright, but I have noticed I am getting tired alot quicker. My skin is also getting quite red and looks like a bad sunburn, so hopefully it holds out and doesn't get worse. We got some good news on Thursday when I was at the hospital for the Herceptin treatment. While on the Herceptin I have to have a heart test every 3 months as Herceptin could possibly cause some heart damage, and hence they would have to stop the treatment. But I got passing numbers on the heart test, so I can keep going with the treatment. We were grateful for that good heart test! Interestingly, the heart test requires a medical isotope and since the Chalk River nuclear site is closed my isotope came all the way from Holland-I was very happy to have a dutch isotope!

No comments:

Post a Comment