Friday, July 17, 2009
We are grateful that this past week has gone relatively smooth considering that the surgery only took place on Monday. We have had so much help with child care and meals that I have been able to take some much needed rest ... this has been wonderful! My girlfriends have arranged a schedule for our kids to be taken care of everyday this week and the kids are having a blast. I am feeling better daily and my mom has been here everyday helping with the house and caring for me. I was really pleased when I was able to reduce my pain medication to just extra strength Tylenol from Morphine and Tylenol 3 (though these were nice drugs to have). Even the nurse that comes everyday has been a great support and tells me that things look great. I have two annoying and uncomfortable drains that remove fluid from my body as a result of the surgery and the nurse informed me today that I may have one of the drains removed tomorrow (which will be painful but worth it). My next goal is to work on my range of motion exercises in my left arm which I have casually started but need to be more consistent. We couldn't have managed without such wonderful friends and family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're so pleased it's going well although I'm sure you're making it sound easier then it is. Rest my friend, it's the best thing you can do.
ReplyDeleteNicole and Mike
Hi Nadine,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are getting rest. I feel like you are an Olympic champion - you have such courage, strength and endurance. You deserve a gold medal for the way you are "running this race".
You are always in our thoughts and prayers,
Susanne
Hi Nadine
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going relatively well--sounds like you have a great support system!!
If you need any advice as to exercises for your arm, please don't hesitate to call--at work or at home--I don't think I have to tell you how important exercising is now--sometimes helps to have someone keep track of your progress
Karen Denholm