Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today I was back in the chemo clinic for my 6th Herceptin treatment (I have 18 in total). The Herceptin is given intravenously every 3 weeks to help block the growth hormone that the cancer cells like to stick to. It was different being back in the clinic today because I wasn't having chemo at the same time, so I actually felt pretty good. The side effect of Herceptin is fatigue, which is becoming normal in my life! I am still waiting to hear when my radiation CT scan is and hence when I start radiation- I've now called the Kitchener hospital 3 times hoping they have it figured out. They are also apparently waiting for the pathology report, so it seems like everything is on hold for a bit.

I am feeling quite a bit better from the surgery and I am getting out and about a bit. My energy level is gradually increasing for which I am thankful. I am also very excited that my arm is feeling better and actually gaining range of motion as well! Of course I am trying to use my arm in as many activities of daily living as possible.....I'm trying to be a good OT/patient! I am amazed at how much I want to baby that arm, I have to really force myself to do the exercises (they hurt!).

We go back to see the surgeon next Wednesday, so we'll give an update at that point. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment