Monday, October 12, 2009

I am officially done radiation treatment as of last Wednesday-very glad to be done that ordeal. The doctor did end up stopping the radiation a bit early as my skin was getting worse and he felt it would be adding "insult onto injury". So I completed 28 out of 30 treatments-not too bad. The radiation continues to 'work' 7 -10 days after your last treatment, so my skin believe or not is actually getting worse even though I'm not going in for treatment. I've been in touch with a radiation doctor on call this weekend and am now putting on heavy duty cream to prevent infection. I've been sleeping alot this weekend (very not normal for me!) so I think my body is fighting something. Thankfully this morning I work up feeling pretty good- and pretty thankful as it is Thanksgiving morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment