Saturday, March 28, 2009

The hair had to come off!

The day after the second chemo treatment, I started to really notice my hair falling out- in handfuls. By the fourth day it was really coming out and I was getting worried my hair was going to be all over the place. After I had a good cry, we decided to take matters into our own hands, literally. All three kids were excited to have a few turns at cutting my hair, and then Rich gave me a nice buzz cut. Even though it was a hard to see the hair go, it feels like it is just another step in this journey. The kids tell me I look great(although Megan cried a bit when Rich buzzed my hair), and Andrew says he still loves me! The girls were excited to play 'hair dresser' with their mom, although Rich was left to clean up the mess!

I'm glad the last several days are behind us, as they do seem to be the worst right after chemo. One of the anti-nausea drugs makes you feel like you've had 10 cups of coffee, so I didn't do so good sleeping those nights! However, I only have to take those meds the first two days after chemo. So I am counting on a good night of sleep tonight!
We are continually strengthened by the love and prayer support that we receive from our family and friends..thank you.








3 comments:

  1. Nadine
    I continue to admire your gracefulness and bravery. Hair is on the outside and true beauty comes from within...where you are always beautiful.
    Blessings, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - you are hip & young enough to do the bandana-thing! I'm very impressed with your computer saviness - who would've thought you'd be blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nadine,

    Eva passed on the blog info to me today. Thanks for sharing and letting us share in the journey. I want you to know that Mrs. Nadine is prayed for every day in the Wood's house - at supper and bedtime.

    You look great in your head scarf! You are beautiful inside and out!

    Love and many Prayers,
    The Wood's

    ReplyDelete