Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last chemo session!

Today was very exciting as it was the last chemo session-wow! I feel very relieved to have finished this part, and I am looking forward to next week when I start to feel better again. I almost did not get the chemo today as my white blood cell count was too high and over their recommended cut off point. I wasn't expecting to hear that today because I have had no problems so far. But I think because it was my last session the doctor thought it would be OK to go ahead with the chemo ( I also tried to look very desperate to have this chemo done and over with!) Very happy to hear that it was a go ahead! I have been dealing with a cold and cough the past few days, so that may have something to do with it. The doctor did put me on antibiotics to deal with whatever my body is fighting. I was coughing so hard this afternoon, Rich thought if I kept eating I wouldn't be coughing! So here he is buying us ice cream to celebrate our last chemo.

It is a tradition in the chemo clinic to "ring the bell" when you are finished your treatment, everybody claps and the nurses give you a big hug to send you off. They have all been so great and definitely made the chemo process a bit easier. The doctors have also been wonderful. The one receptionist however needs a holiday (a very long holiday!)
We want to thank everyone for helping us through these past weeks, it has been a trying time but we have felt lifted up through it all.

4 comments:

  1. Glad tohear you are done your chemo Nadine. That must be a huge relief. Blessings in the weeks ahead, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Suzanne and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome and I am so glad you can start feeling better for longer than a week at a time. We wish you blessing and strength in the next step of your recovery.
    Nicole, Jim, Isaac and Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebration time! Now you can rest up for surgery. My dad was told to eat up and build energy stores in his body. More icecream!!!!
    Love ya, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Congratulations! Your strength & positive outlook continue to shine through in this blog, hope you keep writing! Get rid of that cold so you can enjoy your getaway! xox Carolyn

    ReplyDelete