Today was another long day at the chemo clinic. When we finally got into the chemo room, the only chair left was right underneath the TV (very hard for actually viewing the TV) and we were in a circle surrounded by 3 men- at least in the 70's- and fast asleep. And this was only 9:15 in the morning! This was certainly a lively crew. I have to admit I did think to myself- what the heck am I doing here? This just doesn't seem right. But we survived the day and Rich and I got lots of reading in.
A highlight of the week was meeting at a friend's house for coffee who is a breast cancer survivor. She invited 2 other ladies in their 30's who are also dealing with this crazy disease so it was really nice to share and support each other. One of the girls wrote a book about her experience and it is really great. It makes you laugh and cry, sometimes all at the same time. I also spoke on the phone with another girl who is starting a formal support group for younger women and that should start in about a month. I am looking forward to getting this chemo behind me. Only one more to go! I have had a sore throat and a bit of a cold for a week already, so please pray that I don't get any sicker- I am so close to being finished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Always praying and glad to hear you only have one more to go!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you lots.
Shelley