Just a quick update to let you all know how things are going here. I am home from the hospital and feeling tired to say the least. Rich was going to try to post an update last night but he was too bushed. Monday was a long day for all of us! The surgery went as well as can be expected, and the doctor was pleased with everything. I slept alot during the day and alot at night. The anesthetic made my stomach upset though and I threw up my supper. They told me if I throw up my breakfast this morning I would have to stay an extra night. So I was kind of thinking that would be a good idea, but my breakfast stayed down and home I went. Apparently 95% of mastectomy patients go home the next day, some even the same day. Home care nursing will start tomorrow, so that makes me feel a bit better.
Well Rich is off with kids on a bike ride and mom is coming over to help me out. I think I am going to lie down for a bit. Thank you all for your concern, phone calls and prayers. It makes a tough time a lot easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to know that you are doing ok and your surgery went well. I hope you can get lots of rest in the next couple of weeks. We're praying that your recovery from this surgery goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteNicole and Jim
Nadine, although the abrupt shift from surgical patient to discharged patient is startling, it must be comforting to know that you are among the "typical" 95%. Our prayer for you is that the healing process is also unremarkable in that it will proceed smoothly without surprises or setbacks. Rest, recover and know that you are in the prayers of many who love you.
ReplyDeleteMaryAnn
Hi Nadine and family,
ReplyDeleteThank you once again for sharing your journey with us. I am so glad to hear your surgery went well and that your doctor was pleased with it. We are praying for "Mrs. Nadine" a lot over here. We pray for rest, healing, strength and peace.
Lots of love and prayers,
Susanne, Dan, Sember, Emma and Jayden Wood
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Let your mom gave you all the tender loving care that you will be needing. It has been a long struggle for you over the last couple of months. We hope and pray that you will heal well and have a great life hereafter.
ReplyDeleteEvelyn and Gordon Bant