Sunday, July 26, 2009
Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since the surgery and I'm feeling better every day. I still don't have lots of energy but I am able to do a few things without having to hit the couch. Today I even went to church and felt pretty good. The home care nurse is still coming every other day to take care of a skin tear that isn't healing all that well. I was allergic to the tape from the surgical bandage so I have a big rash and a few skin tears, all of which are healing nicely except for the one-although I think it looks better even today. On Wednesday we see the surgeon for a follow-up and hopefully at that time she'll have the pathology report so we will find out how many lymph nodes were involved and how the margins look. On Monday (tomorrow) we see the oncologist and will find out when I start radiation-they hinted at Aug 17th however September 8th would be more convenient as the kids are back in school. So we'll have to deal with that one as it comes. Oh yeah.... I am growing some lovely peach fuzz on my head-unfortunetly it is all grey! That better change! What happened to the wavy brown hair with blonde highlights I ordered?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, Nadine. Remember us? ;-) Talked with Ted at his brother's wedding yesterday and he gave us the scoop. Just wanted to let you know we are all praying for you, Rich and the kids.
ReplyDelete