We had a really good visit with the surgeon yesterday. The pathology report indicated that the margins were clear which is always a good thing. There were 2 out of 14 lymph nodes that were positive for cancer cells which wasn't a surprise because they showed up already on the MRI back in February. The lymph node involvement is why I have to do radiation therapy. The one surprise she told us was that the original tumour which they thought was about 1 cm was actually 4.6 cm. A bit bigger I'd say! There was also a 10 cm band of tissue that was full of pre-cancerous cells, so this definitely confirmed the surgery was a good thing.
I finally got the call from Kitchener to have the planning CAT scan done and meet with the radiation oncologist-that will be this afternoon. Hopefully I'll leave there with my schedule for the radiation treatments, I'm looking forward to getting it started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Nadine,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. That must have been stressful waiting for the appointment with the surgeon. I'm glad you finally know the results of the pathology report. We are thinking of you guys alot this summer. Take care,
Nicole and Jim - and kidlets