Today marks our 15th wedding anniversary~time sure flies by. This year by far has been the hardest we have had and I am thankful every day for the support I get from Rich. I've certainly felt the worst I've ever felt this past year. Rich is my positive thinker and my moral support, and for that I am grateful.
This journey into cancerland has been a huge learning curve for us as well. Drugs, side effects, treatment options are on my mind alot. Now that I have a bit more free time I'm trying to educate myself a bit more on what is out there for cancer treatments. My mom and I saw a great movie about the true story of the doctor who discovered the drug Herceptin. It took him about 10 years to get it on the market and available for women. I had no idea that drug trials could take so long and that drug companies could be so difficult to work with (the movie was called Living Proof, in case anyone is interested). After watching that movie, I am even more grateful for the drug Herceptin. On Monday I had my 11th treatment of Herceptin out of 18~the drug takes about 45 minutes to administer but for some reason I end up in the chemo clinic for 5 hours! That's another thing I have been learning alot about this year....patience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment