Friday, December 4, 2009

Graduation!

On Tuesday I had a follow up appointment with the radiation oncologist. He told me some very welcomed news-I've graduated and don't need to come back to see him! The radiation has hopefully done its job and I've healed well and he was pleased with things. He also said, "you're going to be just fine" (I've decided he's my favourite doctor). He's also 79 years old so I figure he knows a few things or two. So if he says to go home and think positive thoughts then that is what I plan to do!
I've also been to Grand River Hospital for my pre-op appointment and everything is set for next Thursday. I've been hearing a variety of recoveries from this surgery, so I hope I won't be too surprised. I'm done all my Christmas shopping, which was the biggest thing I figured-I'd like to avoid the mall after surgery, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I share your thankfulness that one part of your journey is completed. I pray that tomorrow's surgery goes smoothly and that you recover quickly. Make sure you rest, rest, rest!

    ReplyDelete