Saturday, December 12, 2009

The surgery on Thursday went well and I'm glad to be home again. My pain level is much better already this morning, although it feels as if I've been beat up from the inside out. I woke up from the surgery feeling not too bad, but that quickly changed as the night went on! I could not get the pain under control, nor could I sleep. The nurses were wonderful and tried everything, but by 5:00 am I started throwing up and of course that always helps. So they delayed my discharge by a few hours to make sure I could keep lunch down, which thankfully I was able to do. I had a good sleep last night and this morning I have had a shower and gotten dressed and now I feel like I need to lie down again! The surgeon said it will take a full 6 weeks to feel relatively normal again and I'm not to do any lifting at all for 6 weeks. Thankfully Rich's work is slowing down a bit so he will be around alot.
Our family has been enjoying some delicious baking that my colleagues put together for us-wow, it is all amazing! A big thank you to all those wonderful therapists out there-you sure can bake some mighty good stuff!
Another big thank you to Uncle Norm and Aunt Donna for coming to stay with the kids Thursday after school and feeding them supper. Rich and I really appreciated that-it was very reassuring to know the kids were happy. Thank you to everyone for your love and support during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment