Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today I am already feeling a bit better and am only taking Motrin for the pain. I seem to alternate between good nights and bad nights for sleep and pain, but that is to be expected I guess. I can only imagine as I start to feel more energetic that the no driving, no lifting, no grocery shopping etc. restrictions are going to be hard to follow!
Last week Monday I had my usual 3 month heart test (with yet another dutch isotope-I was hoping it would come with a chocolate letter, but no luck) that I need to have while I am on Herceptin. The ejection fraction of the heart is what they are looking at and it needs to be in the 60% ish range to be considered normal. So yesterday I had doctors appointment before my Herceptin treatment and the doctor informed me that last weeks heart test indicated that my heart function had dropped to 55%. So that is not good as 55% is the lowest it can go-if it goes any lower they have to stop the Herceptin. This did not make me happy! So I will be able to have Herceptin for January and February and then March I have another heart test. So please pray for a better ejection fraction result! The Herceptin is so important to have as it is blocking any cancer cells.
We are getting spoiled this week with Grandma staying with us. We have enjoyed yummy suppers and homemade soup! We are looking forward to the Christmas break and enjoying some relaxing, down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment