Friday, March 20, 2009

Finished the first week of chemo

The first day of spring and we have finished our first week of chemotherapy. I am starting to feel a bit better already, especially if I have a nap! The sun and warm weather has been good for all of our spirits. The best thing that has happened this week is that the oncology nurse called to see how I was doing. I told her I was having great trouble sleeping, and she said that would not be allowed! She faxed a prescription for meds that day, and I am happy to report I have had two good nights sleep. What a huge difference, even for my frame of mind. I have struggled with insomnia for a long time, so it is very nice not to deal with it during my treatment.

We are still waiting to hear about results from the CT scan and bone scan, but we are feeling positive. I head to the oncology department next Wednesday for round 2 of chemo, so we will talk to the doctor then. We hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment: