My first chemo treatment was March 12. I had just finished work on March 11. I have learned alot during this past week, but I must admit I did not know lot about chemo and side effects. I had really thought I was having surgery first, so I was not too prepared! Number 1 lesson I learned was not to wear flannel pajamas this first night after chemo! You get hit with night sweats something awful, I went though every pj's in my drawer! Who is supposed to sleep through all of this?!
The other symptom I guess you could call it is feeling very fluish. And also very, very tired. I am getting really good at taking afternoon naps. My favourite part of the day is climbing into bed at 8:30! I go right along with the kids.
Speaking of the kids, they are fabulous. We have tried to keep things as 'normal' as possible for them, I think it is working. They still fight, bug me for their favourite socks, and generally carry on like normal kids. Jocelyn is by far understanding the most, and is also the most emotionally needy right now. We pray that we can help them all through these next months of chemo, and through it all we can still have fun as a family. Rich has been amazing and taking time of work when he can and is always there for me.
Today is day 8 of my first chemo, and so far I still have my hair! I am ready (I think) to deal with the hair loss, but I don't know for sure! The nurse told me it will be out be treatment #2 because I am on a very strong mixture of meds. I also go for treatments every 2 weeks. And that is only if my white blood count is good, if not it will be delayed. Our prayer request is that I will be able to tolerate the chemo every 2 weeks without missing one or being delayed.
Thank you all so much for your calls. cards and food. It has made this week very bearable!
We love you all!~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nadine, the blog is great! We're always praying and always ready to help.
ReplyDeleteAnitra
P.S. Really like the positive tone of the blog and the title!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete