Monday, June 22, 2009

For some reason this has been the hardest 'recovery' post chemo. By now I am usually feeling a little bit better, but I guess it's all starting to add up. It definitely helps knowing that this is the last one, but I think that will hit me a bit more on July 1st as that will be the first time I don't have to go back. Yeah! The kids are now done school and Rich has to head up to Manitoulin Island for work so we thought we would go with him. I'm hoping this little trip will be a nice diversion. We're going to stop by Michigan on the way home ( well thanks to a big lake in the way, it's quite a big drive..!) and visit friends for the weekend. Nothing involves camping so I think we shall manage just fine!
Our next big hurdle is the surgery on July 13th. We'll make sure to post something that day to let you know how things are going. We are praying for a successful surgery and a short recovery time! We hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Bye for now.

5 comments:

  1. No matter how they turn out, vacations are always a diversion. We'll pray for energy and safety as you travel and experience the beauty of Northern Ontario and Northern Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you are feeling better by now. We just got back from a wonderful camping trip. We hope that you are having a good trip and some great family times!

    Lots of love and prayers,
    Susanne and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine - I finally figured out how to follow your Blog, and now I can add comments. Sounds like you have a nice little vacation to look forward to, and I am sure it will be refreshing. Andrea and I both share a peculiar commonality ... our mothers are both breast cancer SURVIVORS! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you approach your surgery in July. Have a blast on Manitoulin!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're thinking of you in Colorado on your surgery day. I wish we could be closer but we hope to see you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine,
    We are thinking of you today. Hope your surgery went well, and we pray that you have a quick recovery.
    Lots of love,
    Suzanne and family

    ReplyDelete