Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The third treatment is over

I'm glad to say that the third chemo treatment is over. I'm feeling quite groggy and looking forward to going to bed tonight! It was a very long day as the oncology department was very busy and unfortunately I had to wait quite a bit. But I was very happy to hear that my white blood cell count was good, so I was able to go ahead with the treatment. Almost half way!

On the way home from the hospital I got a call that Andrew had taken a ball to the face at school. My mom and I stopped by and sure enough it was not looking too good! We went straight to the dentist where Andrew lost a baby tooth that was not even wiggly before! He has quite a gash in his gum, and boy do things ever look worse with a lot of blood. Let's hope the tooth fairy remembers to come tonight!

We pray that everyone has a blessed Easter with their families and friends.

3 comments:

  1. As I read your updates, I'm so amazed at how strong you sound. I'm sure your body & brain are exhausted, but your inner strength is so evident. I'm very impressed and proud... May this Easter be a source of power & encouragement for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine,Richard &fam our prayers & thoughts are with you in this difficult time, hope you & your family -may you truly experience the spirit filled joy of Easter -keep your head up because after every dark night ,there is a bright new day ~thinking of you
    love aunt Grace & Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the tooth situation was resolved! Prayers are with you all!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete