Friday, April 10, 2009
Well today hasn't been a very good day so far. I've had a poor night's sleep and woke up with a low grade fever. Rich and the kids went off to church for the Good Friday service, and it made me sad that I couldn't go. I decided to put on some nice music and read through all the many cards we have received over the past month to try and boost my spirits. I ran across a bit of a theme, that I thought I'd share! My friend Jennifer reminded me that my name means HOPE. And the reoccurring verse that kept popping up was from Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." So that has been my inspiration today, and I will keep trusting in Him.Thanks for all the many words of encouragement, you have all been such a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Richard, Nadine and children:
ReplyDeleteWe just want to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, each and every day. We thank and praise our Lord for the help of friends and family and all the prayers on your behalf. I am keeping Trish and Tim up-to-date. Take one day at a time and God will take care of the rest.
Love and God Bless
Con and Clara Oosterhof
I was glad to see you at the Easter service Nadine.
ReplyDeleteRich & Nadine
ReplyDeleteWe have only recently found out what you guys have been dealing with and we want you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you. Even though this last month has been a whirlwind it seems, it also sounds like you have had some encouraging news along with it. Keep trusting in God and leaning on your family and friends and God will get you through this.
Love Ed & Trish Van Dyk