Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This week has been a typical post-treatment week, although it feels like it is taking longer to 'feel better'. We did meet with the oncologist yesterday and talked about the next 4 chemo treatments and starting the Herceptin. I have to have a heart test every 3 months now as these drugs do have a possible (although slim) effect on your cardiac function. I'm very thankful that I have been able to take a leave of absence from work, as I don't know how I would fit all this in. And when you're not feeling well, every task takes longer to accomplish!
We also have a date for an appointment with the surgeon and that will be May 29. At that point, they will hopefully give me a date for the surgery, which we are guessing will be in July. After the surgery and radiation, I will go back on Herceptin treatments every 3 weeks for a year. Though it seems like this is a long journey we're glad we have a plan and feel like we are being well taken care of by the medical community.

No comments:

Post a Comment