Today was the first treatment(of 4) of Taxol and even though it took longer to administer, it was easier to tolerate. I think that is was not as nauseating and not so uncomfortable. For the first 4 treatments part of the drug had to be 'pushed' into the vein and it would make me feel agitated and it would feel like my head was going to pop off! So this one today wasn't as uncomfortable. It will be interesting to see what the side effects will be like and how different this may be from the first 4 treatments.
One of the general side effects of chemo that am experiencing is hand swelling and finger nail pain. My nails are starting to discolour a bit and feel like they may separate from the nail bed (I know, very gross). The nurse today said they don't look as bad as other patients she has seen (somehow that made me feel a bit better). She did give me cold ice packs for my hands and nails during treatment to avoid the chemo going to my hands. I don't think it was too effective though because they weren't that cold and she spent more time putting the ice packs back in the fridge. I think I may bring my own ice packs next time!
I have next Wednesday off (yeah!) and then the following Wednesday I have Taxol #2 and my first herceptin. So they told me to expect a very long day (about 8 hours). The good part (there
has to has to be a good part) was that I get a free lunch from the cafe and they make good food. I am always happy to see good food-even during chemo!
I will keep you posted as to how this week goes. Bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment