
The other week at Jocelyn's girls club they worked on a cake decorating badge. That night she came home with a cake called "Mom's Hair Cake"! It was to make me feel better about losing my hair! We had great fun eating the cake and admiring Jocelyn's cake decorating skills and thoughtfulness.

The thing about losing your hair is now you have to think about what to wear on your head - and you have to coordinate! There are now head scarves all over the house and the kids arranged them all on the floor this morning for me to see. Thank you to everyone who sent me scarves (I even got a Canadian Flag scarf in the mail yesterday!) and to Sue for sewing me some great ones! I have to admit though, at night I can't wait to take the scarf off to give my head a break, but it doesn't last long though because my head gets cold! Who would have thought having no hair also mean you'd lose all your heat! The other thing that is very strange about no hair is that you kind of forget that you have none. Sometimes in the shower I squirt out a very large amount of shampoo- for no hair. Then my hands automatically reach out for my once shoulder length hair to pile it on top of my head-ready for the big shampoo-and I find my self reaching for nothing! On the days that I am awake enough and remember the no hair thing my shower is done super quick!

The kids had fun trying on some head scarves this morning, giving us a cute fashion show.
I've been feeling a bit better this weekend, although I am still fighting a cough that bugs me the most at night. We go again on Wednesday for treatment #4.
Thanks for following along.
Glad to hear you are feeling better, even if only a little bit. We'll be thinking of you Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteTrish Van Dyk
What a sweetheart Jocelyn is! I love the cake. I also love the picture of you and your beautiful kids in headscarves. I think it is wonderful how you are including your children in the journey. Thanks for letting all of us share in it to.
ReplyDeletePraying for a good week and some warm spring sunshine!
Love and many prayers,
Susanne and family
LOL on the shampoo... is there a site for cancer humor? That belongs!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite lid is an $8.50 merino wool watch cap (like the rappers wear), but they are out of stock at MEC. Grrr. They are warm for those of us who have chosen the short hair option. Maybe the gangsta look may not go with your angelic features, anyhoo. But, they look ba-a-a-ad.
What a lovely cake. Jocelyn's got an artistic flair for sure. When you are done with all those head scarves, you could likely make a nice quilt :) We hope this next round of chemo goes ok tomorrow and that you can get some good rest.
ReplyDeleteNicole (and Jim)
We hope tomorrow is OK! Nora thinks Andrew looks good in the scarf and wonders when he can come over? Lots of love, Liz, Evan, Curtis and Nora
ReplyDeletePS you look good as well...
Hi Nadine:
ReplyDeleteWe're so grateful that you have your faith and God can travel this journey with you. My Mom sent us a link to your blog and after having read it, we're encouraged and indeed hopefull that everything will be okay for all of you. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
May God continue to give you the strength and courage to face the challenges each day.
Sincerely,
Cathy and Calvin Dentz (Claus), Laura and Mark
P.S. Don't worry about your matching headwear, everyone is looking at your beautiful smile!
hi Nadine
ReplyDeletemom called a few weeks to let me know how you are doing - what a brave person you are!!!
sharing your story is so inspiring - what an amazaing family you have!!
you look great
blessing on you!! and your family
Trudy (and Keith)