Sunday, May 10, 2009

Well, I have to admit the following days after this chemo/Taxol treatment were a little rough. It started out OK on Thursday, but by Thursday night my feet hurt so bad I wasn't sure how I was going to get up the stairs to bed! By Friday my back, legs and feet were very achy and throbbing. I spent most of the day on the couch. Saturday was not a whole lot better. I am taking something for the nerve pain, but by Saturday night I was pretty sure it wasn't working! But, thankfully, today it is easing off a bit. I think the most frustrating part was that the nausea was minimal, but now I was hurting so bad I still couldn't do anything!
I think the last couple of days have been a little harder on the kids as well. They really could tell I was not functioning and out of commission. Rich has been great though and has kept them busy and is taking care of everybody.
Despite all this I had a wonderful Mother's day with breakfast in bed and received very special handmade cards and gifts from the kids. I've also been blessed with a very special mother and mother-in-law who have been a great support through all this. It truly makes things easier when you are surrounded by people who love you and care for you.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you as well, Nadine. You are a wonderful mother - I teach all 3 of your beautiful children and they are precious creations made and loved by God. And so are you. I pray that you will continue to feel better and that the awful pains you have been experiencing may subside.

    I continue to pray for healing, strength, courage, hope and many moments of joy and love with your wonderful family.

    Love,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete