Thursday, April 30, 2009

Going for a walk ...

When I am starting to feel a bit better, I sometimes forget how limited my energy is- I can easily end up overdoing it. Yesterday was a sunny day, so I decided to take a walk to the public library (about a 20 min. walk). I started out feeling like this was such a good idea until I got about half way and realized I was tired out already! I wasn't sure if I should turn around and go home or keep plugging away. Well I kept walking, although very slowly now and thinking this was not such a good idea! The library looked very far away! I did make it though and spent awhile resting and reading magazines. I had brought my handy dandy knapsack of course thinking I would load up on books. Now I realized I had to take this load home, so I wisely left some of the books behind. I started to make the trip home, wondering if maybe I should call a cab! I was walking very slow by this time, and now getting hungry. I stopped in at Shoppers Drug Mart which by the way sells lots of great food. After a snack and another rest I made it home! I will not say how long this excursion took me, but I won't be so adventuresome next time!

3 comments:

  1. Nadine, you will have to take things a little easier. What you did in 20 min. before will take you at least twice as long, if you can do it at all. I found that with every treatment it took longer to recover and left me a little weaker. Please be careful and don't go too far especially when it gets warm outside, it will tire you even faster and you will also be more sensitive to the sun.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must have been unnerving! You have such courage, Nadine. I admire you greatly and always look forward to reading your posts.

    Blessings to you this weekend!

    Love your friend,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us informed Nadine. This is a road rife with challenges and I worry for you. Yet,everytime I read your blog I hear your voice and am reassured.
    Love, MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete