We are settling into a two week routine around the chemo treatments, and this has become our new 'normal'. I'm heading into a good couple of days where the nausea is not as prominent. The constant fatigue is probably most frustrating! I am becoming a bit better at practising 'energy conservation techniques' and pacing myself definitely pays off.
The kids are doing well and taking everything in stride. Jocelyn thinks I look 'way better' now because I don't have all that hair blocking my face! The peach fuzz is starting to fall out now, which is I'm glad for because it has been so itchy. The new thing I have noticed this past treatment is a metallic taste in my mouth, which makes food taste very different, more bland. The good news is chocolate, dutch rusks with jam, and green tea all still taste great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Nadine,
ReplyDeleteChecking your new post out from work. Reading between the lines are you saying that the times I have cooked for the family the food tastes bland? If that is the case then I guess there is no difference from when I previously cooked for the family.
Love you.
Rich
I'm just thinking that Richard's ideal meals (which contain lots of spices)might become new favourites for you now....then again, any food that makes you sweat while you are eating it must be dangerous!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful you are having some good days again.
Rochelle
Hey Nadine,
ReplyDeleteMy neighbor, a breast cancer survivor, gave up cheap coffee, discount chocolate and plonk wine when she got her diagnosis.
< That's good advice for any pleasure-deferring Calvinist, no? >
Let me be clear, she didn't stop eating chocolate or drinking coffee or wine, just switched to a better class... come to think of it, there were more cut flowers around the house, too...
I think Jeff's advice is good for all of us - why not enjoy the best chocolate & coffee? Combine that with your energy-saving techniques and all of our lives would be better. As for Rich's bland meals, maybe he can add his favourite university-days spice: dill pickels! You certainly deserve only the best.
ReplyDelete