Friday, May 29, 2009

Today Rich and I met with the surgical oncologist in Hamilton to talk about surgery plans and a date. She was able to tell us that the surgery date will be July 13. This is our second time meeting with her and we are always impressed with her. She is great at explaining things and is very confident and knowledgeable. In some ways I am glad that I had chemotherapy first as it has given me time to get used to the whole surgery idea. Even driving to Hamilton today we felt like it was "old hat" and that seeing a surgical oncologist was not even that scary! It is part of our 'new normal' I guess.
Thanks for following along with us.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us sharing in your journey. We continue to pray for you and your beautiful family. Nadine, I admire your courage and your attitude - you are a fighter who can still manage a smile and a joke when you're feeling low! Richard, I admire the way you love and care for Nadine and the kids. May God's peace be with you all as you face your treatments and surgery.

    I do hope you had a good evening out tonight!

    Love and Many Prayers,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Thinking of you each and every day. Our love is with you through this journey. Your strength and courage is inspiring and know that you are always in our prayers.

    Love Shelley, Kevin, Ella and Olan

    ReplyDelete